Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Princess and the Frog Legs

Yesterday we went to the movie "The Princess and the Frog" and had a grand time! I liked the movie which was in true cartoon fashion. I'm not sure I liked the voodoo stuff but the characters were really cute and we just had fun being at the movies. Popcorn and all! Afterwards we went to a restaurant called "Uncle Buds". We had come to this restaurant quite a few years ago when we came to TN and loved it. They serve fried chicken, fried catfish, fried shrimp, fried hushpuppies, (yum) and just about anything you can imagine deep fried. True southern comfort food. About as unhealthy as all getout but what the hay.
I thought this picture was fitting considering the movie we had just seen:) AND it was fitting because at Uncle Bud's they serve frog legs and alligator tail. Yup, you guessed it! Deep fried! Frankly I couldn't stomach the idea of frog's legs but I did have one alligator nugget. One was enough. A little to chewy for my likin'! I got a few pics of the frog leg eaters......
Rick


Kaitlyn

Alyssia


Here we all are livin it up! This place is pretty unique. They serve right up front (even before they take your drink order) family style stuff like hushpuppies, coleslaw, white beans, dill pickles, and onion. The ceiling is covered with hats from people who have come in to eat.
They trade it in and it becomes Uncle Bud decor.
We had a great time and I can truly say that we had a redneck experience!








2 comments:

  1. i didmt know you guys had a blog! i dont get to play around on the computer mch since we dont have internet in our home, but ill add you to my favs and check in as often as i can. glad you had a great christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a FUN SOUNDING PLACE!!! I've never HEARD of it before!! I wonder why Kath hasn't taken US there....we fit right in with Red-Necks VERY WELL!! I'll remind her to be sure and take us next time we're in their area. I'm not especially hankerin' for frog legs and alligator, but I sure do LOVE hushpuppies and white beans!! Glad you had such a great time! Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete