Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Disney's Epcot Center

Back in the middle of November (November 13th-20th) Rick and I took a trip with DeeAnn and Darrell and Brad and Ruth to Orlando, Florida.  We had a really nice time being together.  We each had our own rental car so we had fun doing some things together and some things separately.  We flew into Orland International Airport and drove to our condos, The Grand Villas.  They were very nice.  We had the view of the pool out our bedroom window.  

 Our first full day there we decided to stick together.  It was our Epcot Center Day.  

Rick and I love Epcot!  We have been there a few times.  While DeeAnn and Darrell have been there before as well, this was Brad and Ruth's first time.  When we first got there we weren't quite sure what to do.  It kind of is like that when your in a big group.  We decided to get the fast passes for a couple of rides and while we waited for our time to come up we grabbed a little lunch at a cafeteria.  

My favorite part of Epcot is visiting all of the different countries so after one ride and lunch we headed that direction.  There are eleven countries represented at Epcot.  Mexico, Germany, Norway, China, Italy, United States, France, Morocco, Japan, England, and Canada.  I love walking through the different areas and feeling like you are in a different county from the shops to the food to the decor.  

We watched glass blowing and smelled wonderful food in Mexico.  We wandered through the shops in Norway and admired the beautiful buildings.  We watched a cool video about the different areas of China and then watched some teenage acrobats put on a show.  We had dinner in Italy.  We bought desserts in Germany and France.  We admired the beautiful rugs made in Morocco.  We wandered past England pubs while listening to a live rock band and then stopped in a shop and bought me an "English" hat.  Last of all we watched a video representing Canada then saw the fireworks from a veranda in that beautiful country. 

It was a really enjoyable day.  I only thought we would be there for a few hours but we stayed until well after dark and ended our night watching the fireworks show.   Brad and Ruth's feet were hurting so they decided to leave after dinner but Rick and I hung out with Darrell and DeeAnn until the very end!  Boy, was I glad I wore my Toms.  Those shoes get me through anything!

A group shot at the entrance.


                         Waiting for the Nemo ride.


My Mexican hombre.


This was a beautiful cabin representing a Norwegian home.


Japan.....



Chinese Emperor Statue.....and me.


                                    Chinese acrobats put on a short show.



A picture by the Epcot Bay.


German chalet


Germany also had a wonderful chocolate shop that we had to try out:)


An Italian Villa.....


Italy is known for it's many sculptures.


      We decided to have dinner in Italy!  Italian food is my favorite!


I had the lasagna while Rick had the pasta alfredo.


Morocco is one of my favorites.  It makes me really want to travel there!  Maybe someday!




I couldn't resist the pastries in France!  


               I bought me a box of macarons to take home.


I bought my hat from England (of course) and watched the fireworks show from Canada.


The fireworks show was spectacular and it ended the night for us.  Luckily our condos were not far from Epcot so we got to get home and into our beds in a short amount of time.

Hasta Luego,  Auf Wiedersehen,  Zai jian,  Au Revoir,  and.... until next time Epcot.  

We love you!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Janell--How INTERESTING!! I loved reading about these things you did at the Epcot Center. We've not been there yet, but we plan to go sometime pretty soon, I think. (...I was a bit sorry to hear that Brad and Ruth's feet got too tired--That's the part that Dennis and I are worried about regarding GOING there!! ) Ha! Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete