Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Gators at Kissimmee Lake

On the third day of our Orlando trip we drove to Kissimmee Lake for an airboat ride to see alligators. Our guide was Mike and he did a great job of captaining the boat and filling us all in on what we were seeing.  These kinds of excursions are what Rick loves the most!  He loves being out in nature and seeing the wildlife.  I love it when he gets so excited over seeing animals in the wild.  
He's adorable!

When we arrived at Kissimmee Swamp Tours, Ruth and DeeAnn had decided that they did not want to go on the boat.  They both get motion sickness quite easily and neither wanted to get sick.  After our captain did some persuading Ruth changed her mind and decided to come along.  She was so happy that she did.  I was too!  Along with an exciting airboat ride we got to see LOTS of gators, some turtles and LOTS of indigenous birds.  I especially loved the majestic blue herons.

Here are some pictures of our boat ride.  Even though I don't have may pictures of them we truly saw many gators from little babies to giant old guys!

DeeAnn hopped on the boat for a quick picture and then hopped off so we could get started on our tour:)



We wore headsets so we could communicate with each other and shield our ears from the loud fan that pushed us forward.









A group shot after our ride:)  We're all a little windblown!


A map of Kissimmee Lake and the many critters we saw out and about.


Our captain suggested for us to try out a restaurant not far from the lake.  We had a fun lunch at The Catfish House where we enjoyed such delicacies as fried frog legs and gator nuggets.  While I could not bring myself to eat the frog legs I did try the gator nuggets and they were not too shabby.  Tasted like chicken:)  We all enjoyed our entrees and then headed back to our condo for a little down time.
 

Later that night while Rick rested a bit ......(I haven't even mentioned that he was terribly sick when we left SLC and was pretty much sick the whole trip)...... I got to go over to the outlet mall and do some Christmas shopping.  I had a lot of fun with just me, myself and I perusing the mall:) 

This gator head was pretty cool!!


1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a really fun experience on the Lake--and the restaurant eating experience sounds fun, too. Sorry DeeAnn couldn't handle the boat ride, but I remember what a terrible 'throwing-up time' she had on a boat in Hawaii a few years ago. I guess it was best that she just "sit this one out"! :)

    ReplyDelete