Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Skylar's Open House

Saturday was Skylar's Open House that we have been planning for a month. We had many friends and family some to wish Skylar well as he will be leaving in a few weeks for the MTC. We had it out at the pavilion which fit everyone quite well! A fajita dinner was served and I hope everyone enjoyed it. It was a HUGE amount of work and I am so grateful to all those who traveled so far to support Sky. Here he is with his cousin Dalton......they have been buddies since they were little. Here is a pic of Grandma Fern who flew back from Tennessee with aunt Kathy to be here on this special day. Emily McNeil and my beautiful niece Jenni smile for the camera:)
Uncle Pete and Terri are one of the many from my side of the family to make the trip from Las Vegas. I know it was such a long trip for everyone but that sacrifice has meant so much to me as I think about the weekend. My only regret is that I wish I could have spent more time with my fam just visiting. There were so many people to attend to.


Grandma Hafen and Adam pose for a picture w!ith Uncles Scott and Paul in the background


Ashlee and Nicole, my nieces from Vegas. This was their very first time to Grantsville:)


The whole weekend was wonderful if not a little crazy. Sunday was such a highlight as Skylar had his speaking assignment. He spoke on the restoration and did an AWESOME job. I know I am a little biased as I say that. My heart was filled with such tender feelings as I saw more and more family enter the chapel. Family is EVERYTHING and Rick and I are both blessed with supportive extended family. The best part of the day, in my opinion, was after the meeting when we gathered at my home and Rick was able to give Skylar a blessing in preparation of leaving and having all of his uncles and cousins who were able to stand in the circle. I love the Priesthood and how it blesses so many. Skylar will be able to use this power for much good as he serves in Paraguay! THANK YOU TO ALL who were there on this special day!


No comments:

Post a Comment