Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Waxing Entertainment

There's not much going on around the Phelps house. I have been taking care of my mother-in-law for the month so I've been staying home a lot. Sometimes I do get a little stir crazy 'cause it's hard not having the freedom to pick up and leave when I want. I will say though, that Fern is a delight to have around. She is very gracious and grateful and I love her!

Last Saturday Rick stayed at home so I could go down to American Fork to spend the afternoon with Kendra Dee. She had school that day and gave me a facial and a back treatment. Yes, it was wonderful and relaxing. She has been trying to get me to tint my eyelashes and brows so I had her do that too. It wasn't so bad other than I felt a little like Groucho Marx when she was done:) She also gave me my first brow wax. Yes, I'm nearly 43 and have never had my brows waxed. I really don't think I've missed that much!

So Kendra came home for the weekend and brought her waxing kit. She entertained us by waxing Gary and Kaitlyn. Gary's all smiles!

Kaitlyn's turned out great! I don't know if she's going to be to happy with this pic for all to see but she's a good sport!
Anyway, not a lot goin' on this week but next week look out! I'm going to paint the town red! (and probably my bathroom a nice medium green:) Oh yeah, speaking of waxing. Yesterday Rick joined in on the craze and had his nose waxed! He said it wasn't so bad and you should see his nice clean nostrils! HeHe! Don't worry! No pics of that!!
P.S. I'm dreaming of future vacations......Savannah, GA in the fall......Gold Coast, Australia in January......and Hawaii with the kids in the spring!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of waxing. I am 49 and have never had a waxing before. The girls, both of them, have had several. I just keep the tweezers close by and use them as needed. I think it might be less painful.

    Glad you were able to spend time with the kids doing such a fun thing.

    ReplyDelete