Sunday, May 31, 2015

Goodbye, Elder Perry


Goodbye to Elder Perry who has long been one of my favorite apostles.  I have loved listening to that rich bold voice for decades.  He was a powerful voice for good for many years.  I loved his smile and how he always seemed so joyful.  I am thankful he was so robust until nearly the end.  Just less than two months ago he bore a powerful witness about the blessing of families.  He will be missed.

 Here are a few quotes taken from the DNews........





His testimony of family given last month......

"Let me close by bearing witness (and my nine decades on this earth fully qualify me to say this) that the older I get, the more I realize that family is the center of life and is the key to eternal happiness.

I give thanks for my wife, for my children, for my grandchildren and my great-grandchildren, and for all of the cousins and in-laws and extended family who make my own life so rich and, yes, even eternal."

No comments:

Post a Comment