Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Another Surgery

I had my third surgery in nine months!😐  First was carpal tunnel in both my hands in August, then foot surgery for a bone fracture in December and now a knee scope!

My knee has been giving me trouble since last September.  I could not extend it backwards.  Within the last month the pain has gotten significantly worse and I knew I needed to do something.

I went to visit Dr. Jarvis (a PA) at Tooele Orthopedics.  He suggested I get a knee scope to help with arthritis, a possible meniscus tear, and low cartilage.  He felt like it could give my knee a little longer life.

I was NOT going to have another surgery without a second opinion.  I got an appointment at TOSH with a dr. (I can't remember his name) and he came right out with "you need a full knee replacement"!
That was not what I was expecting to hear!  After shedding a few tears I talked with Rick and decided to get right back in with Tooele Orthopedics.  They had an opening the next morning and I had Rick go in with me to help me make a decision of what to do.  Both Dr. Jarvis and Dr. Douglas explained the benefits of a knee scope.  We both felt good about it.  

We went in last Thursday morning bright and early at 6 am.  Doctor Douglas performed the surgery with Dr. Jarvis at his side.  They felt all went well.  My knee has been sore and maneuvering stairs is a bit tricky but I am hoping that after the full six weeks I will be able to use my knee without pain.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment