Thursday, January 30, 2020

A QUICK AND DIRECT ANSWER


This is my mother's purse.  It gave us quite the scare yesterday.

I am here in Las Vegas with my sister, Deanna, and my mom and dad.  My dad has been having trouble with his legs (left knee surgery 3 months ago and then an injury to his right knee two weeks ago) so Deanna and I are here to help care for him.  Yesterday afternoon we all were going to go on a drive to get out of the house for a few minutes.  We got everyone ready, shoes on and all, and my mom went to grab her purse and it was not in the place that she usually keeps it.  

We scoured the house and the car wondering where it could have possibly gotten to.  Was there a chance that it was stolen by the man who came a few days ago to change out a window?

After looking through the house and three times looking in the place that it should have been, we decided to get a hold of the credit card companies to see if any activity had been on them in the last few days.  Well, mom couldn't remember her SS# and so we had to look for paper work on that to be able to even talk with a credit card representative.  Long story short....

It had been an hour and a half of looking and figuring what to do.  

At this point I was on the floor looking in the file cabinet next to the desk where her purse should have been.  I said out loud, "We should have a prayer."  Deanna agreed and we all were close together so I offered the prayer.  

I asked Heavenly Father to helps find mom's purse.  It was causing her (and my dad) much worry and anxiety.  I asked Him to relieve her worry and to help us know the whereabouts of the purse.  

After closing the prayer I sat for a couple of seconds thinking and then I looked up (remember,  I was on the floor) and directly across from me was my mom's purse!  I reached over and picked it up and said "Well, here it is!"  We all were amazed that my prayer had been answered so fast!  (literally FOUR SECONDS)!

I said, "Well, we ought to say a prayer of thanks"...... so I did, with much gratitude and tears. 

Today and every day I am thankful for the tender mercies that come my way.  I am thankful for a loving Father that hears me in times of distress as well as in times of joy.  I gladly give thanks to Him for his many blessings.   I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment