Sunday, January 6, 2019

Christmas 2018

Oh my goodness!  It has been such a busy few weeks that I have not had much time to post about our Christmas activities.  

The week before Christmas Rafe and Scout had their preschool Christmas program.  They were so cute!  They got to sit by each other and I got a front row spot right in front of them! A. DOR. A. BLE

They sang Rudolph and Jingle Bells and then the girls stood and sang Suzy Snowflake.  The boys not to be undone sang I'm Getting Nuttin' for Christmas.  

My grandma heart could just burst they were so sweet!





Lastly the kids sang Here Comes Santa Clause and sure enough as they were singing Santa himself came jingling down the stairs.  The look on Henry's face was priceless as he heard the jingling and realized who was coming to visit!  I didn't get a picture of Henry and Scout but here's one of Rafe!


Christmas Eve night was a joyous time for us all.  I had been looking forward to having all of my family at home.  We started out with dinner....tamales, chicken and dumplings (our traditional food) and then added a relish tray, cheese and meat board, apple salad, stuffed mushrooms, chips and raspberry frappe' to drink. 

We had an enjoyable time sitting around the table visiting.  We hadn't heard from Gary and were wondering where he was and then he finally arrived just as we were putting the food away. 

After he got his fill I asked the moms to help me get the littles into their costumes for the Nativity reading.  They all looked so cute!


Rafe and Scout were Mary and Joseph


Henry and Charlie were the shepherd and wise man.


Haivyn and Merik were the angel and a donkey.



After the Nativity we put some food boxes together and then most everyone got into two different cars to deliver them.  When they returned we opened up our christmas jammies and took pictures.
I love this one with Rick and me with all eight of our grandkids.  Hopefully by next week number nine will be here!)

Skylar, Sarah and the boys.


                                            Brach, Kendra and their littles.


                                         Kaitlyn and Merik and Haivyn


I accidentally deleted Alyssia and Xavier from my photo stream:(  I feel really bad about that!!

Me, Rick and Gary


It was a really enjoyable night having everyone at home together.  That does not happen very often.

We tried to end the night early so that parents could get home to prepare for Christmas morning.  They got left by 9:30.

I invited Kaitlyn and her kids to spend the night with us (Rick, me Alyssia and Gary)  I don't have pictures of christmas morning but we woke up about 8 and opened presents.  Santa delivered yet again!!  We went to visit the Phelpses and the Bomans and then came back to have a wonderful breakfast.  The rest of the day was layed back.  We played and napped and then Rick and Gary cooked us up a nice ham dinner.

After all of the busyness and preparations for Christmas it was nice to just relax and enjoy the day.

It has been a wonderful Christmas season!

Since General Conference in October when President Nelson challenged the women of the church to read the Book of Mormon by the end of the year and to mark each passage that refers to the Savior.  I have made it a priority to do so.  As I told Rick of the challenge he said, "I think I will do it too."  We started that very night figuring our how many pages a day we would need to read to finish by the end of the year.  Seven was the magic number.  I usually read more but seven pages was the general number.  I planned it out to finish my reading on Christmas Eve.  It just seemed appropriate after all of the wonderful feelings that I had through these last few months.

I have so loved reading the Book of Mormon these last few months.  I have read it many times but this time was different.  Highlighting the references of the Savior was eye opening for me.  I always have known that the BofM was "another testament of Jesus Christ" but I was astounded of how much it speaks of the Savior.  To see my book marked up in bright yellow is an amazing witness to me.  Spending so much time in the scriptures each day made me feel different.  More holy.  I loved that feeling and I am trying hard to keep that same feeling with me as I continue reading and studying in this new year.

I'm grateful to have a living prophet on the earth today.  I feel like his challenge was a preparation for me (for all of us women of the church, actually) for something that is coming.  I want to be prepared in every way as the gospel is hastening on the earth, as Israel is being gathered and as we prepare for the Saviors second coming.

I love the Book of Mormon and know it is the word of God.  I'm grateful for it's guiding influence in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment