Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pink Zebra Shower

A little over a week ago we had a shower for Kaitlyn and her soon- to- be- here baby....
Havyn Skye.
I had no idea until Kaitlyn saw this sign and informed me that Haven was going to be spelled with a y  Havyn.  My bad.  You would think that I would have picked up on that  in the last 5 months since she chose her name:)  Anyway Kendra, Sarah and I had a fun time planning and thought that she would love a pink zebra theme.  The black and bright pink looked great!  It was held over Easter weekend and we didn't know if many people would show up because of family activities but we had a total of about 20 people and it was really fun.

Here are a few pictures.......

The dessert table

Mantle backdrop

 Cake Pops that Kendra and I made as a treat to take home.  
They took about three hours to make (not including cake baking time) because we had Rafe with us and everything takes longer with a toddler around:) But they turned out super delish!!

Pink zebra and pearls and chocolate cookies

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes!!

We served meatballs which I am sorry about.  Everyone seemed to like them but I did not.  
Won't be doing those again.  Everyone loved the Hot Artichoke Dip served with bread.  

Buffet centerpiece with Rick and Emry in the background

Sarah and Kenni getting things ready!

A few of the guests....
The Bartley girls


DeeAnn, Jeffrey, Kendra, and Julie

Taryn an Emry

The mommy to be opening her presents.  She was so happy and grateful!

After eating we met together in the family room and played a couple of games.  Sarah put together a game where we had to guess what kind of food was in the baby jars.  We only could look at the unopened jars and she had a few flavors written down for us to choose from.  I did terrible but Cheri Bartley won with flying colors!!  (Maybe that's because she has a toddler and uses them often:) 

 Everyone was asked to write the mother-to-be a piece of advice and those were fun to read at gift opening time.  Kaitlyn was very happy with all of her fun baby clothes and gifts!  She is very excited for little Havyn to arrive.  We are almost a week away from her due date!  Anytime now!!



1 comment:

  1. Wow Janell--What WORK you went to!!! How Fantastic all this 'creativeness' is!! (I wrote a bit more right after I read this the first time, but sometimes my posts don't POST!!) (:
    Anyway--I think this is absolutely wonderful, and I'm sorry to have missed the shower. Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete