Thursday, April 25, 2013

European Vacation (Prague at Night and Freiburg Temple)

So after a little rest and some hors de vours at our hotel on Wednesday afternoon, Rick and I went back to the Town Center and since it was starting to get dark we thought it would be fun to get a glimpse of Prague at night from on top of the clock tower.  It was very beautiful as all of the old buildings are lit up. 
 This is 'The Church of Our Lady before Tyn'
I  don't know what denomination it is but it is very medievil looking (built in the 14th century)
 
 
A night view of the castle and cathedral that we visited during the day.
 
 
Today (Thursday) we started out early as we had a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to Freiburg.  We realized after we left that we forgot our passports at the hotel so it added a whole hour to our trip just to get back and get them.  It was OK though because we were able to get to a later session and we had time for a little catnap before the session was to begin.  This was a very small temple and the people were very helpful.  It was a new experience for me because although I have seen many people use the translators in a session, I have never used them.  It worked great!!  There were people on the session from Bulgaria, so Rick and I weren't the only ones with the translators:)  Rick and I were asked to be the witness couple.  A good experience!
 
 
 
 
Our fancy shmancy car.  Not really but it's getting us where we want to go:)
 
 
After the temple we stopped at a darling place to have a late lunch.  It was by a little lake and we were able to sit out on the patio.  Did I mention that the weather was gorgeous today??
 
 
So I survived my first experience with authentic German food.  You now what?  It was great!!
Here's Rick showcasing our food.  For our appetizers (not shown) we had some Baked Camembert (cheese) with toast, cream and cranberries.  I have never had camembert before but I loved it!  The waitress suggested the Solyanka with bread so that is what Rick had.  It is a delicious soup reminiscent of chili.  For our main course (shown below) I had something called Schweinschnitzel while Rick had Pork with spaetzle.  I think I just might like German food!  I hope the rest of my experiences with it will be this good:)
 
After lunch we mosied around the town.  It was really quaint and different than what we are used to.
 
 
Tomorrow we are heading off to Munich to stay for a few days.  It's gonna be great!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment