Sunday, November 22, 2009

Well it's time to update even though there is just not much going on. A few weeks ago our good friend Bernice Castagno had her 88th birthday! I baked a cake and we enjoyed being together. Here's Bernice, me, Rick, and Grandma Fern who is staying at our home this month! I baked Bernice a cake to which I added an 8 and 7 in candles on top. She let me know that this is her 88th b-day NOT her 87th. How did I miss that? My bad. Either way she sure does get around incredibly well for her age. She is a great friend to our family. Only 12 more years 'til the BIG one!!:) Here she's blowing out the candles!
On Friday, Rick and I drove to American Fork to take Kendra to lunch. She had found this cute little place called Dough Boys and Flour Girls. They have great soups and sandwiches and we each had a homebaked dessert. Rick a Cream Puff, Me a Cinnamon Roll, and Ken a Pumpkin Bar. I had actually seen this company at a craft fair last year. What a cute name for a bakery! After lunch we stopped at Mandalyn Academy and Rick got his monthly waxing of the nose and ears. I am sooooo tempted to put the pictures of him on for all to see 'cause it is hilarious but I better not. I still want to be married tomorrow HAHA!
Kendra treated me to a back treatment and a facial (LOVE LOVE THESE)! Afterwards, Rick and I went to Tai Pan, Modern Display, and Costco to get some holiday decorating ideas. I loved the upside down tree at Modern Display! I love the lime green and bright red they used to decorate with. Can you imagine though to actually have an upside down tree? The trees there are a mere 3-4 thousand dollars! Who buys these trees anyway? Drug Dealers? Clearly these things are out of our budget. I just go for the ideas and you know what? Nothin'. I have no knew ideas for this years decor. That's ok. I'll live:)
Oh, I have some way exciting news. For our ward party (I'm the activities chair in our ward----3 years now) we are doing something a bit different. We are having a Christmas in Nauvoo theme and it'll hopefully be a big success but anyhow we are going to have the back part of the cultural hall decorated like an old fahioned town square. I have been thinking I would love to have a couple of old-fashioned store fronts to add to the look and I had no idea where I would find them and for cheap. (Ward Budgets are sometimes slim) Well yea!! I stopped by Hale Theatre and a fellow took me to their warehouse and I found some! He's going to give me 4 facades plus 4 lanterns for 50 bucks. Best deal of the week!
Well for not doing much I sure have rambled on. I am going to try to take my camera with me more often. Especially this week. It's Thanksgiving and we're headed to Vegas!







No comments:

Post a Comment