Monday, January 15, 2024

Church Day

Rick and I had the great opportunity of spending time and caring for my mom and dad last weekend. 
On Sunday we woke my mom up early and got her ready for church.  She wasn't sure about going but with a little encouragement we got her there.  It was really cold outside and the wind was blowing like crazy and I kicked myself for not bringing a blanket for her.

One funny thing that happened was during the meeting there was a four or five year old child who was very loud and crying a lot the first thirty minutes of the hour.  I could tell that my mom was agitated and finally she leaned over and loudly said to the mother, "You need to  take your child out!"  The mom answered, "How come?"  (which is astonishing the that she didn't understand the concept of taking out a crying child.)  Then my mom said, "He's being to loud!"  This was loud enough for the people around us to hear.  It was a little embarrassing but guess what?  The mother got right up and took the child out and then came back in and the child quieted down for the rest of the meeting.  
Thanks, mom!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment