Wednesday, August 24, 2022

AUGUST HAPPENINGS

Our Henry boy had a birthday this month.  He turned eight and is preparing to be baptized.
He loves Minecraft and got new bedding and legos.  We bought him a remote control car that does fancy tricks.  We sure love our affectionate Henry!



We have been loving the summer season!  The kids love to come play in the water and have popsicles at Grandma's.  It is so fun watching the kids play under the big willow trees.  My heart is full when I watch the kids playing happily outside!
 




 Skylar had his birthday 2 days after Henry's.  He didn't want cake but wanted an ice cream bar, so that's what Sarah did for him.  She had at least FIVE different kinds of Tillamook ice cream.  We were all invited over and enjoyed the yummy dessert and spending time celebrating Skylar.  He just turned thirty two.  


Aunt Kendra is a favorite!!



In the middle of the month I spent a few days hanging out in Vegas and caring for my mom and dad.  I was able to get Mom out to church on the Sunday that I was there.  She doesn't get to go that often so it was nice for her to be there.  She had a lot of people come up to greet her, so that was nice.  By the time we got home she couldnt remember much of it but it was nice to get her out and hear her sing some hymns.  She loves music and hums to soothe herself a lot.  She is always really sweet and so grateful to have me there!



The day after getting back from Vegas (the 17th) I had carpal tunnel surgery on both of my wrists.  I will be the first to admit that I was not expecting to be so debilitated by this procedure.  It was difficult to do even the simplest of things.  The hardest part was not being able to take care of my own personal hygiene. Rick had to help me shower and wash my hair, and I couldn't even brush my own hair.  I am happy to say that now, a week later, I am doing much better.  I am able to get my wrists wet briefly and even though it still is painful it is a good feeling to be able to take care of myself.  I will get the stitches out a week from today.



This past Sunday we had a family get together to celebrate Merik's fifth birthday.  We had two cakes, and the kids enjoyed having a taste of both - topped with some ice cream.  
Merik was going to be starting kindergarten, but after going in for testing we (Kaitlyn and I) decided it would be better for him to wait another year to begin.  If he starts school this year he will be the youngest in his grade plus academically he really needs to wait another year.  There are just some things that he still needs to learn.  Kaitlyn felt good about her decision and is trying to get him into Head Start to help with his speech and learning issues.  I felt very good about this decision! 



Yesterday was the last day off of school so Kendra brought her kids over for some splash pad fun!
Rick and I have been tending the Phelps kids while Skylar and Sarah went on a hiking overnighter.
We had a lot of fun playing outside, and the kids loved sliding into Kendra's big splash pad.  The only pictures I got were of this cute boy.  Eric loved drinking water coming out of the splash pad.  
So cute!



Chloe joined in on the drinking fun!


Today school started for the kids.  Yes, I am very sad about it.  First, I just like having the kids out of school having fun everyday! HAHA!  I must be a party grandma!  Second, with the kids heading back to school that can only mean one thing.....FALL IS COMING!  While I love fall (it's my favorite time of the year)  I DO NOT want summer to end.  NOT YET!
 
That being said, Rick and I had an amazing summer and got to have lots of fun with family as well as just ourselves.  Let's bring on the football and soccer seasons and then let the fall fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment