Monday, September 27, 2021

GRANDMA HAS A BIRTHDAY

 A week ago the family got together for my birthday celebration.  I told the girls that I wanted to have a pizza dinner so Sarah and Kendra made it happen.  They prepared the dough, bought all of the toppings, shredded cheese and prepared the pizza stones:)

My birthday was on a Sunday this year and Rick had a special meeting he needed to be so we decided to get together at 6:00.  The whole family (except Alyssia) was here to celebrate with me.  

I baked up two cakes for the occasion.  A knockoff Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake that turned out fabulous!  Also, I tried a new recipe for a turtle pie cake that was just so so.  I accidentally scorched the pecans so it kind of ruined the cake... haha but the family was gracious enough to tell me that it was still good!  That's true love, right there!😀




Here's a picture of Sarah and Eric assembling some pizza.  We each made our own pizzas and cooked them in the oven.  The kids' pizzas went first because they were so hungry.  
I made a supreme pizza which turned out so yummy!  






Here's me and my little munchkins that I love so much!!


AND  a couple of crazy pictures for the memory books



Here's me and Brady waiting to blow out the candles!
Which he unashamedly helped me do!🔥🔥


I opened presents and received a new grocery bag holder (which was on my list) and the promise of a new book in the mail.  Also I got a new pair of shoes and a new piano songbook.  I got to shopping the next day and bought more shoes, a skirt, two shirts, and some cute Halloween decor.  

                  I'd say my birthday was a success!  Thanks to all who made it great!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment