Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Trip to Hawaii

A month ago Rick and I were privileged to take a trip to Hawaii with Clyde and Sharon Rigby, Sarah's parents.  They are dear friends and we have talked for a long time of taking a trip together.  We had been planning it for about six months and it turned out so fun.

We started out on the island of Oahu for just a few days.  We stayed up on the north shore in the Marriott Courtyard right next to the Polynesian Cultural Center.  It was a beautiful hotel in a great location.  We arrived and rented a van for the four of us and made the beautiful drive up to Laie.  We had a nice dinner right there at a restaurant in the PCC.  When we returned from dinner Rick and I went out to the hot tub and relaxed in the warm water:)

The next morning when I awoke, Rick was already gone so I made my way downstairs to find my way to the nearest beach.  I was hoping to catch the sunrise and I barely made it!  What a spectacular view!  Little sand crabs were running around and a nice breeze was blowing.  It was a beautiful moment!   Without Rick:(  He actually found me a few minutes later.  He had been out on an early morning jog and missed the sunrise completely!


The grass was loaded with huge snails!


The next order of business was to get ready, have breakfast, and head to the temple.  The temple was just a short five minute drive from our hotel.  We along with Clyde and Sharon were able to do an endowment session.  It has been a VERY long time since I have done a session in that temple. 

 It was full of people and wonderful!


The grounds are so beautiful!


After changing our clothes it was time for the PCC.
    
 We were able to make some fun memories.    


umm... this smoothie was delish!


Tattoos from New Zealand


Fiji


The next morning before we flew out to Kauai we stopped at Pearl Harbor.  This is always enjoyable for me.  I love remembering what so many have sacrificed for what I have now.  It is unfathomable for me to really know what so many have given up so that I can enjoy the freedoms that I have today. I want to remember, honor, and give thanks...always.







We made it to Kauai!
My favorite island.


We stayed in a condo in Poipu just a five minute drive to Poipu Beach.  It was a two bedroom and served us well.  We had a fun time being with the Rigby's yet were afforded the privacy needed as well.  While most of the time we each did our own thing we did enjoy a few meals together along with two different game nights, and a day at the beach.  

Our second night in Poipu we ate at Keoiki's and I will tell you that the food was soo delicious!  We just kept saying, "This food is so good!"  It really was!


                         and of course, we had to have the HULA PIE.


While we mostly just had beach time (cause that's what we love) we got over to Waimea Canyon and Hanapepe town.

It was nice not having a plan.  We just made it up as we went.












This was a fun mansion house owned by a man named Gaylord that we got to visit.  Now it is filled with shops and a couple of restaurants.  



This was kind of fun.  Something that we had never seen on the island.  Dozens of sea turtles come up on Poipu Beach each night to rest.  Who knew?  It was super cool to see and some were still there  in the morning when we returned.   Just really cool.


Also, a couple of monk seals make their way to the sands of Poipu to take a rest as well.  
They are fascinating to see up close:)




Our last night together.



                        What a nice time we had with our dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment