Sunday, May 19, 2019

Mother's Day 2019

I didn't take any pictures of this year's Mother's Day:(  

Here are a couple of past photos of Mom and me!  She is and has been such a strength for me through the years.  She is one of my dearest friends.  I feel so blessed to have been raised by goodly parents.  It is an honor to celebrate her and all mom's on this special day!




This Mother's day was nice.  Our church meetings were amazing as always.  While we love to attend other wards and branches while we are traveling it is always so refreshing to be in our own ward after a vacation.  It is always good to be home.  I love the familiar and the comfortable:)  

In Sacrament Meeting we had four youth speakers who spoke on the Savior and how their moms were like Him.  It was sweet:).  In between the speakers the primary sang to us.  They are always the cutest.  While Henry stood with others looking adorable I don't think he sang many words:)

Relief Society was based on Elder Hales' talk from conference.  It was about prayer, and many of the sisters gave their thoughts and examples of how prayer has been a blessing in their life.  I just loved it!  I know for many people getting to church is so difficult.  Not for me.  I NEED to get to church.  I can't miss.  The sabbath day is so special to me.  I am renewed and rejuvenated after each Sunday. 
I feel so rewarded after being there.   The blessings of partaking of the Sacrament each week are tangible.  Truly.

After church the family joined us for dinner.  We had everyone there but Alyssia, who lives in Ogden.  It was a beautiful day outside, and Rick smoked some meat while the girls brought the sides.  We ate out on the patio and had such a nice time.  The food was so delicious and the company was even better.  The married kids left by 7:00, and Rick was so good to clean ALL of the dishes while I played games with Gary and his girlfriend, Catalina.

A beautiful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment