Monday, February 18, 2019

Valentines Week 2019

We had a wonderful Valentine's week last week.  I started out at the beginning of the month setting out my Valentine decor.  I was sad to take down my winter/snowman stuff because it was simple and pretty but alas we are on to another holiday and so forward I went.  I have a lot of pink throughout the kitchen and dining area plus fresh flowers which always brightens up the house.

I bought this sign at Hobby Lobby.  I love it!  It says, 

"When you have more than you need
 build a longer table not a higher fence."  

This sign spoke to my heart when I first saw it.  This is how Rick and I try to live our lives.  I have learned a lot from Rick through the years because he is such a generous person.  I am learning to be this way too.  I want my whole life to embody what this sign represents.  

Always include. Always give. Always love.




My Valentine!


A couple of weeks ago I saw this shirt in an add from Penney's.  I loved it!  It is very different from what I would normally wear but this shirt said, "February" to me so I had to have it.  Luckily, I have all kinds of rewards and coupons for Penney's so it didn't cost much.  It's just what I needed to lift me up in this cold wet month we've been having:)


On Sunday, we invited our family over for a
  Valentine's dinner and family night.  
I had a fun time planning and decorating for the event.  The table looked really pretty. 

 Simple but elegant.



See's candy for our kids.


The grandkids' table.....


with some fun chocolates as well.


For our main course, Rick grilled up some steaks while I made some cornish hens .  I also made a spinach salad, asparagus and rolls.  

Sarah brought the cheese potatoes and Kendra brought a pudding for dessert.


We had a wonderful family night based on Elder Christofferson's talk from October 2011 called "The Gift of Repentance."  I had read this talk in conjunction with the Come Follow Me lesson from a few weeks prior and just really loved it so we incorporated that into our family night.  

Grandpa spending time with the kiddos!


The next morning I made ninety six cupcakes to pass around to our neighbors for a Valentine treat.  Four different flavors: Strawberry Lemonade, Oreo Cookie, Strawberry Vanilla, Peppermint Chocolate.  It took ALL DAY!  I wish I would have taken a picture of the finished products.  They looked so pretty and yummy!  I got done cleaning just as the littles showed up.

That evening we enjoyed a "little party" with our grandkids.  We dipped strawberries, ate pizza, had a treasure hunt, and played games (Mother May I,  Duck Duck Goose, Colored Eggs, and Hide and Seek).  It was a fun couple of hours with our little cuties!

Dippin' strawberries 

(I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Charlie!)





After the kids left we ended up delivering all of our cupcakes to nine families.
The kiddos also took some home to their families.

I was exhausted but what a wonderful day:)

Valentine Day Dinner

Valentine's night we went on a double date with Brach and Kendra.  We met at Fleming's Steakhouse at The Gateway and had a wonderful night of food and conversation.  We sure love these two and were so happy to spend some "adult" time with them:)



That evening Rick and I stayed in town at the AC Hotel.  It is a brand new Marriott Property and was very nice.  We were upgraded to a room with a view.  It was a corner room on the eighth floor with floor to ceiling windows.  We enjoyed our time there:)  The following morning we spent some time at the SL Temple doing some family names.  Then we enjoyed lunch at Zupas and then caught a movie. I love spending time with my sweetie!

That night we were privileged to tend the Phelps kids while Skylar and Sarah had a Valentine dinner at home.  (Kendra and her kids joined us as well, because Brach was off snow caving with his dad:)  

While I didn't get pictures of the boys I got a beautiful picture to show of of our sweet Daisy.  Isn't she precious?  How about those lucious baby lips??


It was a wonderful Valentine's week!  
I love the month of love!



No comments:

Post a Comment