Sunday, September 30, 2018

Utah State Fair

September is the month for the Utah State Fair.  A couple of weeks ago Rick and I along with Kaitlyn, Haivyn, and Merik went on a Monday night to enjoy the sights, sounds, smells, and tastes of the fair.  I love the fair.  We don't get to go every year but if our schedules permit then we try to get there. 

This year I wanted to get to a cooking class.  I learned about making bread and soup in a dutch oven.  To be honest, I probably will never make bread, or soup for that matter, in a dutch oven but I love to learn about it!  After we each got a test of the delicious bread and soup the door prizes were called out. Haivyn won a CAL RANCH hat and Kaitlyn won a small backpack.  

Isn't Haivyn so cute!


After the food demo we stopped over to get a bite to eat.  These street tacos were delish but seriously, we spent about 50 bucks for dinner on fair food!  Anyway.....


I didn't get any pictures of us with the animals but they are always fun to see at the fair.  My personal favorite are the milk cows.  Haivyn liked the ginormous pigs. and she liked petting the sheep.  We also enjoyed walking around the exhibition area.  We found a book shop and bought a couple of books for the kids.  Merik was an angel the whole time.  Nothing new.  He's an angel baby!



While Merik and I hung back 
Rick, Kait, and Haivyn got to ride on the ferris wheel.  

Fun times at the fair!



No comments:

Post a Comment