Friday, July 6, 2018

4th of July



A week before the 4th I had asked the girls to get some pictures of the kids in their patriotic clothes for me to print and put up on my mantle.  Sarah was on it and got it done right away and sent me these beauties of Henry and Charles. 





 I took time with Alyssia and Xavier to get a few nice shots and then I went to Kendra's to help take some of her kids.  Xavi did well for a little bit but then he got cranky so it was hard to get some good ones.....but we got it done.





Rafe and Scout were super excited to take their pictures so I got a lot of good ones of them:)








I never was able to get together with Kaitlyn so absolutely none of Haivyn and Merik:( 



This years 4th of July celebration was wonderful!!

We started out the morning with a big breakfast with the Rigby clan.  We had eggs, potatoes, ham, sausage, waffles with cream and fruit, and a big melon tray.  It was so yummy!


After breakfast we headed over to the main street parade.  This year's parade was really fun!  We sat close to the beginning of the parade route and oh boy!!  There was so much candy thrown our direction that it will take a very long time for Henry and Charles to get through it all!  There were some great vintage cars and Tooele even had a couple of really nice floats.  Of course, our little Grantsville parade is nothing close to the Days of '47 parade but I sure do love the sense of community in our hometown parade!







After the parade Rick and I joined the Rigby's at the All Star Bowling Alley.  We watched them bowl for a while (they invited us to join in but we declined) and then we went over into the arcade and played a little Air Hockey.  We each won a game and then called it quits.  We must be getting old if a couple of games of air hockey do us in.  It did get pretty competitive, though.   My back was hurting and Rick's shoulder was hurting!  HaHa!!  We're such babies!!  We did play a couple of rounds of Skeeball which is a little bit more body friendly:)

We then drove home for an indulgent afternoon nap and then arose to prepare for a BBQ.  Trent and Kathy and their family and Ken and Ada Goodworth and their family joined us for an evening of food and visiting.

By 9:30 it was time to drive over to the city park for the fireworks show!  I love this part of the 4th!  Patriotic music being played as a background to a beautiful fireworks display!  I must admit,  I did shed tears when thinking about our dear friends in Uganda.  How much they miss living in a country stuck in the poverty cycle.  They are such good people.  I wish they could enjoy the freedoms, protection and comforts of life the world has to offer.  My thoughts are so much deeper than this but I will stop here.



Neither Rick or I wanted to let the night end so after returning home we plugged in "The Field Of Dreams" and watched it fully through!  We got to sleep at 1 AM!
What a wonderful day!!!

God Bless America!!

No comments:

Post a Comment