Tuesday, February 6, 2018

2018 Temples

Rick and I made the goal for 2018 to visit ten new temples.  We have counted forty two that we have visited since we have been married but we want to up that number to at least fifty this year.  This should be relatively easy seeing how many of them are within a days drive from our home:)

Here is a list of all of the temples we have visited.

1.  St. George, UT
2.  Manti, UT
3.  Draper, UT
4.  Oquirrh Mountain, UT
5.  Vernal, UT
6.  Mt. Timpanogos, UT
7.  Provo, UT
8. Provo City Center, UT
9.  Bountiful, UT
10.  Salt Lake City, UT
11.  Jordan River, UT
12.  Ogden, UT
13.  Brigham City, UT
14.  Logan, UT
15.  Idaho Falls, ID
16.  Rexburg, ID
17.  Portland, OR
18.  Los Angeles, CA
19.  Newport Beach, CA
20.  San Diego,  CA
*21.  Boston, MA
22.  Nauvoo, IL
*23. Winter Quarters, NB
24.  Nashville, TN
25.  Orlando, FL
26.  Palmyra, NY
*27.  Washington DC
28.  Mesa, AZ
29.  Laie, Hawaii
30.  Kona, Hawaii
31.  Las Vegas, NV
*32.  Cardston, Alberta Canada
*33.  Calgary, Alberta Canada
34.   Mexico City,  Mexico
 *35.  San Jose, Costa Rica
 36.  Asuncion, Paraguay
37.  Copenhagen, Denmark
38.  Frieberg, Germany
39.  Bern, Switzerland
40.  Hamilton, New Zealand
41.  Suva, Fiji
42.  Papeete, Tahiti


The temples we would like to visit this year are:
Payson, UT
Cedar City, UT
Monticello, UT
Twin Falls, ID
Boise, ID
Meridian, ID 
Spokane, WA
Seattle, WA
Hartford, CT
Manhatten, NY
Star Valley, WY
Nova Scotia, Canada (maybe??)



We decided last week that we would make the visit to the Payson Temple on Friday......so we did!
Payson is just an hour and a half drive from our home and I had seen it once on a drive we were making to Vegas,  just off the freeway.  As we drove up last Friday I was amazed at it's beauty!  But truly, that did not compare to the feelings I had as I went INSIDE.  I was overwhelmed with the beauty of this temple.  There was a lot of stained glass and natural light which I love:)  
As I entered the endowment room I had an overwhelming feeling of "coming home".  It truly was a special experience throughout the two hours we were there!

The Celestial Room was magnificent!  I cannot think of a more fitting word than that.  Magnificent.   It was incredible.  I did not want to leave because of the feelings of peace and love that I had while there.  Temples are the most sacred places that we can be while on this earth. 

 It is a place where families can be sealed (or bound) together forever.  

I love the temple!



No comments:

Post a Comment