Wednesday, August 16, 2017

SIXTY YEARS

Last week we celebrated my mom and dad's 

SIXTIETH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!

All of my siblings and their spouses met at Pete and Terri's home in Las Vegas for a wonderful Italian dinner cooked by none other than Terri herself.  She had a plethora of food from chicken parmesan to baked ziti to pasta with red an white sauces.  She also had fresh salad and breadsticks!  We had a marvelous time sitting around a huge table visiting and eating!  

After dessert (Marie Calendar pies) we each took time to tell a special memory and give thanks to our parents for their sacrifice and love for us.  It was really special!  Tears were shed by many as we all felt such gratitude for these two.  At the end my mom and dad took the time to share their thoughts and love for us.  I love my family!   We are not perfect and we each have different problems that life has thrown at us but our mom and dad have been excellent examples of love and service through the years.  They have taught us to press forward through difficult times.

What a wonderful night spent with some of my favorite people in this world!
I only wish we could get together like this more often:)




From left to right: Pete, Terri, Kelly Deanna, Scott, Kathy, Vickie, Paul, Janell, Rick, and Mary Ellen.
       (Boyd was there for the dinner but had to run off for his Bishop responsibilities:)



      My parents (Dick and Sherry) and all of my siblings from oldest to youngest.
                  Terri, Deanna, Scott, Paul, Me, and Mare.


No comments:

Post a Comment