Monday, December 14, 2015

A Christmas Night Out

Thursday night Rick and I had our annual night in town.  We had dinner at Elevations Restaurant then walked around to see some Christmas lights and the Macy's candy windows.  The theme for the windows this year was "Peanuts" and the artists had some fun ideas.  It's always amazing to me how much candy is used to create these pieces of art.  

After taking a few pictures (in the pouring rain which actually made the night even more magical except for my soaking feet....that wasn't so magical:(  we walked over to Abravenel Hall where we found our seats for the Kurt Bestor Christmas Concert.  I was excited to see who his guest artist was going to be and was pleasantly surprised to see it was Lexi Walker!  She is only 13 but has an incredible voice!  If you don't know who she is you should check her out on you tube. Another  guest group was the Wesleyan Bell Ringers and I'll tell you, THAT was fun watching those teenagers go to town ringing all those bells with the full orchestra and band!  What a great concert!  I look forward to it every year.  This was Kurt's last year performing at Abravenel Hall.  He will be in a different venue next year.  

After the concert we headed back to our room at the Anniversary Inn:)  We stayed in the Country Garden Room and had a round bed in a gazebo setting.  I've never slept in a round bed before.  Other than the bed being a little hard it was a fun room.  I enjoyed a piece of complimentary cheesecake before falling asleep:)  We got to sleep in and that was great!
I love Christmastime and this special tradition!






1 comment:

  1. What a FUN night you had!! What a great tradition! (...a bed in a gazebo, eh??)

    ReplyDelete