Friday, February 18, 2011

Phelps Sisters 2011 Oregon Trip

Last week was the Phelps sisters annual (well it's becoming annual) trip to Oregon. This is the third year that they have been doing it. (and only my second because I missed the first year) We flew into Portland on Monday and rented a van and made our way to the coast. We stayed in Lincoln City in the same cute little house that we were in last year. We had a marvelous time just being together and having fun (and of course, shopping)! Brad is in this picture because he flew into Seattle to pick up a worktruck and drive it back to UT so he stayed with us that night (Ruth really didn't mind that) and then bought us all lunch the next day! From left to right...Kathy, me, DeeAnn, Karen, Darla, Ruth, and Brad. We are missing Janice, Robbie, and Lar.


Here's Kathy and I out on the beach. There were 107 steps down to get to the sand and yes, it was worth it!! Kathy, and all of us really, liked combing the rocks to see what we could find. The starfish and anemones were cool. It was a little chilly but we were blessed with pretty fine weather considering it's still February.

Sea lions in Newport.


All of us out on our fun, HUGE deck.















Kath and DeeAnn sharing a toast with their rootbeer:) while Ruth looks on!




Game Night!! Kathy and Ruth won all three games of 5 straight! How did that happen?? We also played Imaginiff and had some good laughs!








Last but not least we got to sit around and watch a couple of chick flicks throughout the week. A great time with some great women. I love you all!!






4 comments:

  1. Oh what a WONDERFUL time we had!! Thanks so very much for posting this "review" of what we did. Wasn't that FUNN??? Your pictures turned out really good--(I haven't LOOKED at mine yet...) Thanks so very much, Janell, for all your kindness and consideration to ME when I was afraid I'd be such a burden to everyone. (It turned out that I wasn't TOO bad, but I sure appreciated everyone's considerate attentions.)
    (By the way--You always looked SO PRETTY all the time. I don't know if I even told you enough....) Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing all the sisters in the first photo, then Brad. :) Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so in love with all of you! I'm glad you were able to go. It looks like a fun trip! I sure do love my aunts... and mother, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I think sisters getaways are the best! So glad you all got to go and have a wonderful time. And good job on the chick flicks! You've got to catch them when you can. Let me know if you found some good ones that I need to see!

    ReplyDelete