Wednesday, December 12, 2018

December Happenings

The last week had been busy with Christmas preparations.  A bit of shopping and wrapping, wrapping and more wrapping!  I took a day last week and turned on the fire, turned on a Christmas movie, and wrapped my little heart away.  Four hours later.....not kidding.....I finished.  When there are a lot of little ones in the family and lots of adults, there are A LOT of presents!  Anyhow, while I got them all wrapped I did not put bows on any of them.  Those came later.  At this point I am happy to say that the present are all wrapped WITH bows and they are all snug underneath our tree anxiously awaiting Christmas Eve when most of them will be opened!



On Friday I had the opportunity to tend Haivyn and Merik.  We dropped off a load at the DI, stopped at Applebees for lunch, and then made a run to Walmart for a few small items.  These kids are so cute and easy to tend.  Merik has learned to walk and loves to find his way to the stairs.  He can go up but I'm not sure he can come down very easily so I steered him away from those many times in the few hours I had him.  I love these little sweeties!



This last Sunday I had been asked to substitute in Primary.  I asked Rick if he wanted to join me.  We had such a fun time with these cuties!  They are the 3-4 year olds and are so smart!  Our lesson was on Following the Prophet.  Many times during the lesson we all stood up and said, "President Nelson is a prophet of God!"  We talked of things the prophet has recently asked us to do.  Namely, learn from the scriptures, serve others and attend Sacrament Meeting and Primary.  The children talked of how they try to follow the prophet.  Some answers were, "Help my mom do the dishes" and "Helped my brother pick up his toys."  So cute!

Here is Rick showing the kids a short video on President Nelson.  The kids got to hear his (President Nelson's not Rick's:) voice as they drew a picture of the prophet.


Henry has a crush on Ella.  He has told us that he is going to marry Ella.  They are good friends and play together at least a couple times a month.  During Sharing Time they were holding hands.  They also took turns laying their heads in each others laps.  (I did not see any of this because they were on the other side of Rick, but he filled me in on the details :)  What I did see was while I was teaching in class I looked over at Henry and he was trying to give Ella a smooch!  Super puckered up and trying to find her cheek!  Something I never thought I would hear myself say, "Henry, lets not kiss in class."  Haha!  

What a fun time Rick and I had.  I taught while he wrangled.....mostly Henry:)  
Hope we get this opportunity again!


No comments:

Post a Comment