Monday, October 9, 2017

How To Host a Murder

On Friday night Rick and I hosted our first "How to Host a Murder" party.   Skylar bought this game for me a few years ago and we have never played it.  A few weeks ago he said, "Mom, when are we going to play the murder mystery game.  I decided that this was as good a time as any so I issued invitations and the rest is history!

The game is made for a group of eight characters and it was hard to whittle down to just eight.  I had thought that Kendra and Rick could just come dressed in a fifties costume and observe.  Well it turned out that Kallie got sick that night so Kendra was able to play Kallie's part and Rick still got to observe (with a little babysitting on the side:)

I invited Mark and Taryn, Justin and Julie, Kallie, Jenni, Skylar and Sarah, and Kendra and Rick.  (Brach was busy working on their house:)

I wanted to host a dinner along with the game so we had appetizers at the beginning just after everyone introduced their characters.  I served a relish tray (made by Kendra) and a cheeseball and crackers (made by Sarah).

After round one and getting into the game a little bit I served up dinner.  We had individual meat loaves with baked potatoes and green beans.  Everyone loved getting into their part and throwing out clues around the table.  

After round three I served up dessert.  (Costco pumpkin and apple pies with ice cream)  At the end of the game everyone got to say who they thought was the culprit!  We had a lot of laughs as everyone was trying to get their clues out each round!  

We liked it so much we may do it again next year!










No comments:

Post a Comment