Saturday, August 8, 2026

PHELPS FAMILY REUNION 2026

This year's reunion wea put on by the Home family.  Dennis and Karen did not feel that they could be the ones in charge this year (because it's just plain a LOT OF WORK to host) so they asked Kamber to take over.  We Phelps sisters helped do some planning, as well.  Kamber was the only child of the Hones that was going to be there so there were no sibling to help.  

It turned out very well.  Fot the night prior to the reunion Kathy planned for time at Ken's Gym and a hot dog roast at her firepit after that.  After it got dark DeeAnn was in charge of planning an outdoor movie.  DeeAnn provided goodies for the kids and Kathy brought stuff for nachos.  Chris brought his popcorn machine, as well.
I was excited because DeeAnn said that they were going to watch The Princess Bride...but the movie got changed to The Incredble Mr. Fox??  I think that was the name.  I watched for about forty five minutes and then decided I'd rather be sleeping in my bed.  

The next morning there was a flag raising ceremony that Dennis was in charge of.  He gave a nice poem about the flag that a fellow veteran had written.  We also sang the national anthem and then raised the flag.  It was very nice.

I left shortly thereafter to attend our Stake's Women's conference.  Kathy, Serenity, and Lizzie were all teaching seperate classes.  I was able to get to Kathy's and Reni's and they both did a fantastic job.  

Afterwards, we came back for the main part of our reunion.  We had a potluck lunch with Kamber preparing the main dish of pulled pork sandwiches.  There were over one hundred members of the family that came and supported the reunion this year.  We had a fun time visiting with each other, playing a corn hole tournament and having a little program to share what is happening in each other's families.
For our part, Rick told about what each of our kids are up to these days.  Charles also was able to show off his great piano playing abilities.  He's truly amazing!

Here are some pictures of the event...











 It was a great reunion seeing so many from the family and catching up on everyone's lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment