Sunday, September 29, 2024

Grandma Nell's Birthday

Last week I celebrated my 57th birthday!  The kids met at our house for Sunday dinner on the 15th.
I made meatloaf and baked potatoes.  Sarah added to the meal with homemade rolls and Kendra brought a green salad.  I made a delicious carrot cake to top it all off!  
It was nice being together with all of the family!

On Wednesday, the 18th Rick took me out to dinner at the wonderful Capital Grille.
I bought a couple of new dresses the day before when I went on a birthday shopping spree and found this cute orange number.  I even put on some high heels and felt really pretty!


Rick had a wedge salad and I had the shrimp cocktail for starters.  Then we had the amazing steak medallions and baby lobster tail with a side of scalloped potatoes on the side.  It was SO DELICIOUS!


Rick mentioned to the waiter that it was my birthday, and he brought out a wonderful dessert of creme brûlée with berries and a rich, velvety flourless chocolate cake.
We certainly enjoyed that, as well!






We had planned to go across the street to The Cheesecake Factory to grab some cheesecake to go.  We wondered since we had dessert already if we should not do that but we decided, "what the heck, it's a birthday celebration!"

We picked up a slice (I wish I could remember the flavor) and ended up eating it later in our room.
It actually made me sick in the night....but what a way to go!  HAHA!

The next day we stopped at Ruby Snap to take a couple of cookies home.  We ended going back to the house, and because it was such a beautiful day, we enjoyed a nice bike ride around the South side of Grantsville.  We went home and got showered and then had dinner at Hug-Hes.  We finished just in time for a TVCC meeting to get ready for the next week's Temple Open House.

It was a great birthday spent with those I love the most!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment