Wednesday, November 6, 2019

OCTOBER BIRTHDAYS

October was a birthday month for us!  Rick turned FIFTY FIVE!  
After working a half day he came home and we went for some bbq lunch at Dickeys.  Their turkey is so good!  

After lunch we took a drive up Middle Canyon.  We were hoping to see some beautiful fall color.  Were were sorely disappointed:(  The early frost had already killed the leaves and so everything was a drab gray/brown.  Hello, winter:(

We did enjoy being together and driving around with the top down.  We even ran into a group of wild turkeys so that was fun.


That night we had the kids over for dinner to celebrate.  Rick had requested dinner in a pumpkin so this what we had.  It's always a hit with the fam!

Here's the birthday boy with two of our little cuties, Brady and Daisy.


I had been wanting to make this cake for a month so I'm glad Rick's birthday gave me the opportunity.  It was sooooo yummy!
And I think it turned out kinda pretty too.  Gotta work on my stripe technique, though.


                            Yup, that's pretty much how we all felt about it!


After dinner the neighbors joined us for cake and ice cream.  I also made a lemon cake as per Rick's request so we had plenty to serve.


THIS GUY!


He brings me so much joy!  I am so blessed to be walking through life with him by my side!


Also, we celebrated these two cuties.  Scout turned five on the fourteenth and Rafe turned seven on the nineteenth.  Kendra had a party for them at the pavilion.  Luckily, the weather turned a little warmer which made it bearable.  Rick also brought up four propane heaters.  That really helped when the sun was going down.

Kendra made a fun volcano cake at Rafe's request.  She had made a cake earlier int he week for Scout.  
These two kiddos bring us much happiness!  Rick and I love how they love us!  
Our littles are growing up!


...and I had to post this cute picture because isn't he just adorable!



No comments:

Post a Comment